Wednesday, 28 August, 2019 11:09:42 PM
Education in Malaysia
→ OUM Distance Learning
Centre for Quality Management and Research & Innovation.
The Center's objectives are:
- To provide Quality Assurance services including planning, facilitating,
supporting and monitoring OUMís quality assurance processes.
- To provide Pre-award Management Services for research and innovation
including contractual and information dissemination.
- To adopt strategies to gradually grow from a cost centre to a cost
recovery centre in the shortest possible time.
The Centre consist of two major operational units:
- Unit for Quality Management (UQM) - Is responsible for
all quality initiatives at OUM, and facilitates with other responsibility
centers to ensure that all the universityís operational processes are quality
assured. Services include quality assurance, best practices and benchmarking,
SOPs and ISO, documentation and database, and consultancy.
- Unit for Research & Innovation - Is responsible in the
management and planning of research and innovation in the university. The
research focus areas are:
- Online Assessment Ė quality moderation,
satisfaction of the online discussion forum, quality participation, and
state of readiness.
- Effective Student Support Services - Online
support services and Service Centre.
- Standards of e-Learning Management System -
Best practices, Specification for learning materials, and Learning Content
- Open and Distance Learning Pedagogy -
Management of internet based open learning, Virtual learning, and Blended
and hybrid pedagogy.
- Assessing Methods for Adult Learners -
Learning style, Instruction / teaching method, Learning discipline, and
Psychological and motivational drive.
- Effective Use of Learning Technologies -
Technology sharing, Reusability and practically for learning objects, and
Instructional use of learning objects.
- University Leadership and Management in ODL
- Change Management, Risk Management, and Creative Management.
OUM has a clear vision and plan with the Centre for Quality Management
and Research & Innovation, which hopefully will benefit OUM and other
educational institutions in the future. Especially, their research focus areas
will be interesting to keep an eye on in the coming months and years.
There are more than 24,000 students enrolled in OUM
OUMís vision is to be a leader and innovator in open
- To be the leading contributor in democratizing education
- To develop quality education through multi mode learning technologies
- To develop and enhance learning experiences toward the development of a
Other Programmes available from OUM:
Business and Management
Human Resource Management
Hospitality & Tourism
Early Childhood Education